Arcpad 10.2 on trimble juno 5

01-20-2014 05:03 PM
JonathanAtienza
New Contributor II
Hi!

I'm having some trouble using Arcpad 10.2 on Juno 5d specifically when i'm adding a map project that is linked with a feature service on Arcgis online. i"m always having the problem "error 8" when opening the map project. attached is a screenshot of the error.

thanks in advance!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Jonathan,

I have not seen this particular error message before and our testing with the Juno 5 has not produced this error, but I do have some tips for troubleshooting your data:

- If you can, try opening your project on a few machines like Windows Desktop or any older Windows Mobile Devices. Does this make a difference?
- Try opening a blank map then adding the axf to the map. Do you get the same error?
- Try creating another checkout WITHOUT adding the Feature Service URL to the axf. Does it open in ArcPad?
- Try removing the layer that is connected to the Feature Service from your project and perform another checkout. Does this project produce the same error?
- Repeat for the rest of the layers in your project (removing them one by one) to further narrow down the issue.

This should let you know if you are dealing with an issue with the hardware, software or with the data.

Esri Tech Support should be able to help you out if you cannot resolve the error and the answers to the above questions should point them in the right direction.

Hannah 🙂
0 Kudos
JonathanAtienza
New Contributor II
hi hannah!

i tried all of your suggestions and found the answer. i narrowed the problem and assume that Arcpad can't handle 10-20 feature classes on a arcpad project that are linked with arcgis online. i tried first with only 5 feature classes and it work fine, but the remaining problem still persist with the Synchronizing the data.

attached is a screen shot of the Synchronization error. again thank you very much for answering my problem.
0 Kudos