ArcPad 10 and GPScorrect

08-04-2010 03:54 AM
StevenRehbaum
New Contributor
According to Trimble, the oldest version of GPScorrect to work with ArcPad 8 is 2.42.  I have been unable to determine the oldest version of GPScorrect to work with ArcPad 10.  I am assuming (as the case has always been) that some versions will not be supported with newer ArcPad versions.  We currently have 7 units running 2.42 and will most likely need to upgrade to 3.02 (latest version to work with ProXR).  Of course if ArcPad 10 is not compatible with GPScorrect 3.02, we are SOL.  Any input and any links to documentation is greatly appreciated.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
DarrenLlewellyn
New Contributor
I've also been having some challenges with ArcPAD and GPS Correct and varioius types of Trimble units.  I recieved this file from a support person at Trimble and it helped me in trying to evaluate whether to upgrade, try again, or not waste my time.

I did waste quite a bit of time to come to this conclusion first though....Arg.
0 Kudos
StevenRehbaum
New Contributor
Luckily we purchased all new receivers and upgraded GPScorrect so we did not have to deal with going back and forth.  Unfortunately issues with the .axf configuration and overall RAM on the Recon units do not afford me to check in directly to SDE so we are still on shapefiles (ugh) with a script that checks appends all post-processed data to its corresponding feature class in SDE.  We are looking to move to ruggedized tablets as dataloggers and then we will have the system resources necessary to run disconnected editing thus finally moving away from shapefiles.

Thanks for the reference.  It seemd like Trimble is keeping their compatability documentation up to date now.  Should be interested to see what happens at 10.1.  No doubt more bumps in the road.  :mad:
0 Kudos