Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcPad 10 Find Features Has Extra Tabs Appearing (My Editable Shapefiles)

Jump to solution
01-31-2012 08:27 AM
SuzanneRoussie
New Contributor
Just upgraded from ArcPad 7 to ArcPad 10 and now when I select the Find Features my two editable shapefiles appear as tabs and I cannot select the query tabs (See attached Image).  If I delete these two shapefiles from the layers the find features dialouge box goes back to normal.  Unfortunately these two layers are needed for editing in the field but i also need to be able to use the find features tool.  How do I fix this? Everything used to work in the last version. Also upgraded my desktop from version 9.3 to version 10.

Thanks ahead of time.

Sue
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimHopper
Occasional Contributor III
Suzanne,

You'll need to open the apl file in ArcPad Studio.

After you've opened the apl file in ArcPad Studio, you'll see that there is a <FORMS> branch in the tree.  Expand on <FORMS> and you'll find the <QUERYFORM>.  This is what Gareth was referring to.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GarethWalters
Hi Suzanne,

These extra tabs are Query Forms that are generated automatically for users. If you open the shapefiles' APL file in ArcPad you will see under the forms that there is a Query form. You can delete it and then it will not appear in ArcPad.

I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
SuzanneRoussie
New Contributor
Hi,

Forgive my inexperience with this, but how in ArcPad do I go about doing this.  I know how to add layers in but where exactly do I delete forms.  If I delete the *.apl file out of the directory it removes all my formatting symbology but does solve the query problem. Unfortunately I need my symbology otherwise I will be spending a lot of time every week redoing symbology every time I update the field computers.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
TimHopper
Suzanne,

You'll need to open the apl file in ArcPad Studio.

After you've opened the apl file in ArcPad Studio, you'll see that there is a <FORMS> branch in the tree.  Expand on <FORMS> and you'll find the <QUERYFORM>.  This is what Gareth was referring to.
0 Kudos
SuzanneRoussie
New Contributor
Thanks for the help.  Now I know what is going on and have figured out how to fix all this.  We actually had custom forms too that ended up getting overwritten every time I prepared ArcMap files for ArcPad.  Thankfully I still had old copies of *.apl files on another laptop that I could transfer over.  Now that I know what is going on I just replace the *.apl files with my original ones and all is fine.  Thanks again.
0 Kudos
GarethWalters
Hi Sue,

Could you mark this post as answered so other users can see it was helpful. Esri finally got implemented it (like the old forum) and its a great way for other users to sift through the forums.

Cheers,

Gareth
0 Kudos
SuzanneRoussie
New Contributor
Marked it as answered.

Sue
0 Kudos