ArcPad 10 with Trimble YUMA

07-21-2010 01:03 PM
DemianRybock
New Contributor
I'm just starting to work with ArcPad 10 on the Trimble YUMA.  I'm not finding much support out there yet, so I thought I'd try to start a forum post for others out there getting started.  Who else is out there like me?

Demian Rybock, GISP
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
KurtHassy
New Contributor
Hi Demian,

I was just testing some of the functionality myself.  One thing I tried out right away was the new default for the camera tool.  It works with the web cam, but I couldn't find a way to switch cameras in order to use the back camera.  Have you tried this yet?

Also, I did some testing of the related table forms, and it seems to work OK.  I still have to do more testing though.

Kurt
0 Kudos
StephenQuan
Occasional Contributor
The Yuma has two cameras which cannot be distinguished by the ArcPad Camera extension because both cameras are being presented to Windows and ArcPad as one software camera. Trimble APIs are required to correctly identify the two cameras and make the software camera switch between them.

Trimble has this functionality in a camera switcher application which you can download it from Trimble's website http://trl.trimble.com/dscgi/ds.py/Get/File-497013/Camera%20Switching%20Utility%201.0.0.616-1.zip and run the app prior to starting ArcPad.
0 Kudos
KurtHassy
New Contributor
Thank you Stephen.  This works fine.

Kurt
0 Kudos
GuillermoAraya
New Contributor
I try with that app, but didnt works, every time that Arcpad need the Camera it only use the front one.

How I can change this default setting on arcpad 10?

BEst Regards,
0 Kudos
D3EGPS
by
New Contributor III
Hi,

Did you try to keep the software "camera switcher" launch ?
If think that both ArcPad and Camera Switcher have to be open to make it work.

Hope that helps
Regards
0 Kudos
PatrickJacuzzo
New Contributor
Our environmental health division is considering using the Yuma with ArcPad 10 for field data collection and generation of parcel specific site maps.

We will also be populating our permitting and inspection database and issueing permits and reports in the field.  This is a custom d-base built on a Nexus platform which generates reports and print forms using Report Builder.

The questions is:  For those of you using the Yuma are there any known difficulties with installing and running a nexus based d-base on these?  How about report writer?

Any input?
0 Kudos
LeslieCrawford
New Contributor
Hi - I have also been having similar problems. However, I did download the camera switching utility and it switches to the rear camera, but the images appear to be 1.2 megapixel resolution instead of the 2.0 resolution that it should be. Any ideas? I have the Trimble Yuma, running Windows 7. Thanks.
Leslie
0 Kudos
DavidHunt1
New Contributor
I'm having a problem where the resolution setting for the YUMA camera is not retained when used in ArcPad.  It keeps resetting to the minimum resolution.

Does anyone know if this app will fix that?  Or a solution?

Thanks

David H
Raleigh, NC
0 Kudos
JimKoloszar
New Contributor
I'm just starting to work with ArcPad 10 on the Trimble YUMA.  I'm not finding much support out there yet, so I thought I'd try to start a forum post for others out there getting started.  Who else is out there like me?

Demian Rybock, GISP

I'm game. Just started using the Yuma. Love it.
0 Kudos