ArcPad and GPSAnalyst demo - Check in Check out dilemma

09-05-2012 09:27 AM
EgbertMoerland
New Contributor
I'm trying to create a neat demo to show the benefits of postprocessing using GPS Analyst. This demo should work repeatedly.

However I bumped into a dilemma with the check out and check in procedure. I created a geodatabase and my Feature Classes. GPS-Enabled the gdb and set the accuracy parameters for the FC. I created a mxd and performed a check-out. Did my Field GNSS measurements , all conform the regular procedure. From this point I want to be able to reproduce the procedure for demo-purposes. However, when I copy or ZIP my whole project folder containing my gdb, my mxd, my GetDataForArcPad checked out data as well as my field data in a separate GetDataForArcPad folder with the axf and ssf files, and create a new folder to paste all of this, checking in my axf and ssf files writes the data to my original gdb. I want this however to be written to the relative gdb / the copy of my database.
With this behaviour, I cannot reproduce the data for a repetitive demo, because the data is already checked in. So I either get no new items to be checked in, or in the copy of my mxd, the checked in data does not appear since the source is the original and not the relative path of the gdb.

Any suggestions on this dilemma? Would appreciate it very much!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III
I'm afraid that is how ArcPad Check-In and Check-Out is designed!!

The data should only check into the original geodatabase is was checked out from.

You could try to 'trick' the ArcPad Data Manager by replacing the original geodatabase with a copy using the exact same name in the exact same location for demonstration purposes...

Let me know how you get on,

Hannah
0 Kudos