ArcPad cursor

10-22-2012 02:24 AM
GöranEdström
New Contributor
I have a problem with ArcPad GPS cursor wich don`t follow on map when I moving (not refresching). I run Trimble Nomad with integreted GPS SatViewer and ArcPad 10. I search for the problem in old forum and found out to switch off static navigation. Doesn`t help me and everytime I switch on GPS it`s found location and freeze in this position. Someone have the same problem and found out any helping tips?

ArcPad could handle both SirfIII and NMEA protocoll wich also Nomad GPS could do, is someone better choice then another to use?

forest63
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
EdwardClarke
New Contributor II
I have a problem with ArcPad GPS cursor wich don`t follow on map when I moving (not refresching). I run Trimble Nomad with integreted GPS SatViewer and ArcPad 10. I search for the problem in old forum and found out to switch off static navigation. Doesn`t help me and everytime I switch on GPS it`s found location and freeze in this position. Someone have the same problem and found out any helping tips?

ArcPad could handle both SirfIII and NMEA protocoll wich also Nomad GPS could do, is someone better choice then another to use?

forest63

NMEA is what I use. It initial would freeze also. Not all the time but enough where I uninstalled everything (ArcPad) and reinstalled. And now it never freezes. May not be your problem but worked for me.
0 Kudos
GöranEdström
New Contributor
Thanks for answer, I would try to install ArcPad one time more and lets see if it`s work. I would also change to NMEA protocoll and see what happen`s.
0 Kudos
GöranEdström
New Contributor
I have now reinstall ArcPad and it`s seems to work, now the cursor follow on map when moving. But the compass didn`t work, it`s still in fix north-south position like before:-((
0 Kudos