ArcPad Data Manager Select Picture Options Problem

01-23-2012 09:59 AM
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
I have some workers in my town out collecting our street signs and taking pictures of them using the Local Government schema from ESRI.  We were looking at attaching the camera to the Trimble unit via BlueTooth and adding a new field to our pole layer to store the hyperlink for the pictures.  The pole shapefile is related to three different tables (Sign, Signal, and Streetlight).  I set up a string field called PHOTO in the Pole table with a character amount of 50 and allowing null values.  When I go to check data out for arcpad and get to the Select Picture Options form, it will only give me the option of None for the picture field for the Pole shapefile.  I looked for examples online and in a blog from the ArcPad team they show that they were able to add a field for the same type of situation, where they were collecting poles with lights, signs, etc attached to them via a relationship class.  I was wondering where I was going wrong with my setup. Thanks.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MicheleMattix2
New Contributor
Hi Jordan -

If you are using any alias names for the feature class and/or related tables, then try removing them ( the alias names ).  This is a known issue with ArcPad that we are aware of.  You can read more about it in this thread:  http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/23715-Unable-to-Specify-What-Photo-Fields-in-SDE-Database-for-ArcPa...
0 Kudos