ArcPad.exe has encountered a problem...

07-12-2010 05:24 AM
KevinKingrey
New Contributor
We are having a problem with ArcPad generating an error when exiting.  It only happens when we have created a custom form with ArcPad Studio.  It doesn't matter what the form has on it, just the fact that there is a custom form within the ArcPad.apx file.  We had the same issue when using ArcPad 8.0.  When we installed 8.0 Sp3, the problem went away, life was good.  Now that we are trying to move up to 10, the problem has resurfaced.  Does anyone know of a solution for this issue?  We are running ArcPad on tablet pcs with a Windows XP operating system.

Thanks!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RolfBroch
Occasional Contributor II
I have encountered the same in an app that works great in ArcPad 8 (also SP3) but in ArcPad 10 final and all the beta releases, ArcPad generates an error on exit. I have reported this to ESRI. We use Panasonic Toughbooks (with XP) for this app. On my regulare PC running Windows 7, it works fine.

Rolf
0 Kudos
PaulBillock
New Contributor II
I have encountered this same issue.  I've only worked on this project in ArcPad 10 so I don't have anything to compare it to.  I'm using Windows XP and also deploying on Windows XP on Panasonic Toughbooks.  Have your communications with ESRI gotten any results?
0 Kudos
TimHopper
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Paul,

The related bug for this issue is:

CQ00312421: Forms stored in ArcPad.apx cause an error message after closing the application

However, it appears as though this issue should have been resolved after ArcPad 10 SP1.

I tested (in ArcPad 10 SP2) with the data (apx + form) attached to the bug which was submitted for reproducing the issue and the application did not crash.  I tested on a Panasonic Toughbook CF-19.

Have you tested with ArcPad 10 SP2?

If you're using 10 SP2 and are still getting the crash with an apx file with a custom form, would you be able to attach the data to this thread?  I'd be happy to test with it.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
JeanPucel
New Contributor

where is ArcPad 10 SP2 - I don't see it under the service pack

0 Kudos