ArcPad show and tell at Esri UC 2016

05-29-2016 05:23 PM
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

Esri UC is rolling around very soon - does anyone have an ArcPad project they are keen to talk about?

Technical Workshop

ArcPad - An Introduction     Tue 6/28/201603:15 PM - 04:30 PM     Room 14 A

For long time users of ArcPad, there's not much new to see here, but every year we still get lots of new people at this session. Often they are people whose organization has been using ArcPad for sometime and they have been moved onto a project that uses it, or ArcPad is just one piece of the data collection puzzle - some people on the project are using Collector, some ArcPad.

If any of you existing users have some knowledge or experiences your willing to share, or projects that your happy for me to show off on your behalf in this session - let me know!

Special Interest Group Meeting

ArcPad User Group     Wed 6/29/201605:30 PM - 07:00 PM     Room 26 A

Again a great place for show and tell - this time from you. Last year Ingrid and Tim blew everyone's minds with the elegance of their custom ArcPad projects. Please let me know if your keen to share this year.

Demo Theater Presentations

Using Mobile Devices with ArcPad and ArcGIS     Tue 6/28/2016 09:30 AM - 10:15 AM     Demo Theater - Tech Support

Preparing and Deploying Data to ArcPad         Tue 6/28/2016 11:30 AM - 12:15 PM     Demo Theater - Apps

ArcPad: Customizing without Code         Wed 6/29/20160 9:30 AM - 10:15 AM     Demo Theater - Apps

ArcPad: Customizing with JavaScript, Python, and VBScript     Thu 6/30/201611:30 AM - 12:15 PM     Demo Theater - Apps

These session hone in on particular aspects of ArcPad and again can be as interactive as you like. Come to these sessions with questions that help you get your job done. In particular if you have some scripting questions let us know in advance and I we can work on making some samples for the last session in particular.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
IngridHogle
Occasional Contributor

Since last year we have added some really useful geometry validation to our ArcPad project. I would be happy to briefly demo this if there's interest. Craig Greenwald already generously shared the code he wrote for us on GeoNet: Preventing Self-Intersecting Polygons . I hacked this code a little bit to add some additional geometry validation steps so as to detect a couple of other geometry errors in the field, before they enter the dataset...like detecting features with vertices outside of our project area, or with Shape_Length = 0.

TimothyKing1
New Contributor

I can give an update on how we have fully integrated AGO into our ArcPad workflow.  We are also taking advantage of Explorer for ArcGIS.  Both have been incredibly successful in keeping our field and office crews moving to fulfill very tight deadlines. 

0 Kudos
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you both Ingrid and Tim, where keen to here about your progress.

Would anyone else like to share their projects? Either message here or message me directly.

0 Kudos