Can anyone help with an earlier license of ArcPad?

08-29-2011 12:11 PM
AnnieCahill
New Contributor III
I am using 7.1.1.  I have a Topcon GMS-2.  I get the following error when I try to activate GPS. 

No data is being received from your GPS receiver.  Check cables and configuration options.

I am not experienced with ArcPad or GPS so I would be very grateful if anyone could help me. 

Thanks,
Annie
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimHopper
Occasional Contributor III
Annie,

I haven't personally used the Topcon GMS-2 so the best I can offer is two suggestions:

1. Make sure that another program on the device isn't utilizing the GPS as well.  I'm sure the Topcon has some sort of utility to connect to the gps.  Within that program reset the gps, then disconnect.  Try to connect to ArcPad.

2. Perform a factory reset on the device.  If you haven't wiped the device clean in quite a while I'm sure it's due for it.  Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to perform the reset and get ArcPad installed again.

If neither of these work respond back with the protocol, port, and baud rate you're attempting to use.
0 Kudos
AnnieCahill
New Contributor III
Thanks so much for your reply.  I am fairly new in this job position so I don't know the last time it was reset.  I will give your suggestions a try.

Thanks again,

Annie
0 Kudos
ChrisNelsen
New Contributor II
You need to have Topcon's Field Tools for ArcPad to be able to recieve the GPS data to ArcPad. When you go into the GPS preferences it will have a choice of Topcon in the Protocol drop down.
0 Kudos