Customizing Related Table Sample .vbs Script

04-05-2010 09:37 AM
DaytonPoff
New Contributor III
I have an ArcPad project with a geodatbase feature class linked via relationship to another table.

I have taken the sample "Inspections.vbs" script included in the Riverside project with ArcPad 8.0 and customized it to fit my data.

I've also used ArcPad Studio to mirror the sample .axf setup as much as possible, yet when I open my project in ArcPad the script throws an error.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
DaytonPoff
New Contributor III
Jane,

I'm sorry I wasn't able to upload the script. There is licensing agreement included with the code samples that says I'm not allowed to post the code to the forum.

I agree the code isn't very simple. And after customizing it to fit my data I have well over 1000 lines of code.

Good luck with making it work. I'm still working on mine as well.

Please give us updates on how you are progressing.
0 Kudos
DaytonPoff
New Contributor III
Finally got the code to work. Turns out I forgot to initiate one of my controls and forgot to add the index control to my signs page. In the Riverside sample it is the #/# on the Inspections form that signifies what inspection is currently being edited.

I still have to go through the entire check out/edit/check in process, but so far so good!
0 Kudos
JaneOnorati
New Contributor III
I picked out parts of the script to use so I can debug it piece-by-piece and make sure each part works.  I'm only using the form to add related table records for existing features, so I did not include the functionality to also view existing records or update records, etc.  So far I've got it to work for a one-page form, so now I'll modify to work for a multiple-page form.
0 Kudos
MeredithDutlinger
New Contributor
I picked out parts of the script to use so I can debug it piece-by-piece and make sure each part works.  I'm only using the form to add related table records for existing features, so I did not include the functionality to also view existing records or update records, etc.  So far I've got it to work for a one-page form, so now I'll modify to work for a multiple-page form.

Did you get your multipage form to work?  I've been trying and trying to do the same thing, but I can't get it coded right in my vbscript.  Frusterating!
0 Kudos
SueJohnston
New Contributor III
I have not been able to modify the riverside sample and get it to actually work.  Does anyone have any sight on this?  The form will open but the domains won't populate and the records don't seem to write.  I pretty much just used find and replace to modify to my needs (or so i thought).  I'm trying to create a hydrant inspection.  Any info would be great.  I'm using ArcPad 8 right now.
Thanks,
Sue
0 Kudos