Data input

03-22-2011 12:33 PM
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
I have a Storm Sewer collection starting...looking for some advice on collection.

I have a bunch of fields in the GDB that are relavant and non-relevant based on the Storm Sewer points type.
If a Hydrant I need a,b,c
If a Lift Station I need d,e,f

This is what I am thinking...and would love soem feedback or additional thoughts.

Due to limited space in ArcPAD I figure that I could have the basic attrbutes on Tab 1
On Tab 2 have a bunch of Textboxes set up for a, b, c, d, e, f  with d, e, f on top of a,b,c
Then when the user selects the Type, say hydrant in this case I could hide d,e,f and allow for input.  If the user selects Lift Station then a,b,c is hidden and d,e,f is visable...

Would that work?  Any thoughts?

THanks
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
EricMcPhee
New Contributor III
I have used very similar processes to limit the number tabs/pages on my forms. I would use an "IF" statement in the "OnLoad" event of Tab2 to check the Type value of the current point. Depending on the Type, you could then decide which controls to make visible and which ones to hide.
0 Kudos
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
Thanks...I figured that I should be able to do something similar...jsut wanted to see if someone out there has done this and its possible...

THanks
0 Kudos