Disable ArcPad Camera

02-18-2012 12:51 PM
ZahidMia
New Contributor II
I have an image box on a form where I like to get photo from a local folder. I already have written some codes which allow me to open the folder and select photo which is perfectly displayed in the image box. However, it also opens the ArcPad camera which I don???t want. Please note I can create a button to open folder and select photo, but I like to disable the click event on the image box. I was wondering if you please can advise me on how to disable the ArcPad camera on image box click event.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Zahid,

Have you though about using the ArcPad Picture Page? It has the ability to choose a photo and display it in the image box (as long as your specified photo field has enough characters to fit the file name of the photo!)

Otherwise, have you looked at the specifications for both the 'On Click' and the 'ClickAction' attributes for your Image Box? If you have already customized the 'On Click' event - have you looked at the settings for the 'ClickAction' attribute?

The ClickAction for Image Boxes is set to 'auto' by default, which will launch the ArcPad Camera. Open your Edit Form in ArcPad Studio and open the properties for your Image Box Control. In the bottom left hand corner, you will see a drop-down for the ClickAction options. If you change this from 'auto' to 'file', you can achieve the same result - ArcPad will let you browse for a file and display it in the Image Box.

HTH

Hannah
0 Kudos
ZahidMia
New Contributor II
Thanks Hannah

I have set the click action to "none" and added a new command button to "CommonDialog.ShowOpen("jpg", "*.jpg","xxxx",8)". Your advice is very helpful. The "CommonDialog.ShowOpen" opens the folder as �??Details�?� and I can change the display as �??Thumbnails�?� by selecting �??Thumbnails�?� from the �??View�?� toolbar. However, I was wondering if you know how to open it as "Thumbnails". It is definitely something with the Windows not ArcPad. Thank you again for your advices.

Regards
Zahid
0 Kudos
MikeRadko
New Contributor III
Hannah,

How can I work with the ArcPad Picture Page in ArcPad Studio?  When I open the EDITFORM I cannot find that page nor its controls.

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Mike,

The ArcPad Picture Page is one of the Pre-configured Pages in the Edit Form, along with your Attributes, Symbology and Geography Pages.

These pages cannot be edited but they can be toggled on and off, either by setting the 'picturepagevisible' to true or false in the Tree View of your Edit Form or by checking the boxes on the Form Properties dialog when using the Forms Editor in ArcPad Studio.

The Picture Page is pre-configured to provide users with a picture preview, a drop-down box to select the photo field in your data, the ability to rotate pictures 90 degrees to the left or right, a button to launch the camera and a button to browse and select an existing photo. It can be used to capture new photos or view existing photos that are associated with your data.

The design of this page aims to make it easier for you to incorporate photos into your project by simply turning the page off and on.

If you want to build your own version of the Picture Page, you can add a page to your form and customise it to capture photos using the 'imagebox' control, but the out-of-the-box solution is pretty awesome in my opinion!!

HTH

Hannah
0 Kudos