disabling cbos

03-20-2012 09:29 AM
GregoryZuknick
New Contributor
Hi all,

I have been given a project to alter some forms in arcpad.

It is a data collection form that records assessments.

there are multiple pages in the form and on the second page it asks if an assessment will be conducted. This is linked to a dbf. What I want to do is disable the remaining cbo boxes if an assessment is not going be be assessed. I have worked it out on the page that the assessment question is asked (through a basic if statement), but it isn't working on the remaining pages.

I have very limited coding experience and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Greg
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
GarethWalters
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Greg,

You have 3 options I can think of:

1. You have to activate each page and then disable the controls per page. Write a some nested loops - The first to find a page and activate it. Then inside that find all the controls on that page and disable them. Check out the ThisEvent object in the Customizing help for an example.

2. Set a global variable once you tick the assesment control to store that disable= true, then if the user taps on the other tabs, you check the global variable to see if they are allowed to edit the controls. If not, disable the controls

3. Finally perhaps a more elegant approach. Add a control, start with a button, to the same page that has your assesment checkbox. This will activate the next page. Your assessment check box script can disable the button (or other control) so the user can't move to the next page. Also you go into the form properties and turn off the page tabs, so that the button is the only way of navigation.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need anymore information.

Cheers,

Gareth
0 Kudos