Drop down menu problems

06-20-2012 05:39 AM
DavidMichelson
New Contributor
Hey all,

I am using ArcPad 7.0.1 on a Trimble GeoXH 08 and recently sent in the handheld for a new battery and firmware updates. After getting it back I had to reload ArcPad back on it and when I did and opened it the drop down menus on the toolbars are so small you can barely read them and can not click on them. I have tried a hard reboot and even an uninstall but it comes back the same way. Hopefully this is just a setting I am missing?!

Any help is appreciated
Thanks,
DaveyM
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JuanLuera
Occasional Contributor III
David,

One suggestion I would make, if you have the same version loaded on the desktop and not using GPS Correct on the device. You can perform a factory reset on the device, and then re-deploy all the items from the desktop to the device. Gracias!
0 Kudos
DavidMichelson
New Contributor
I do use GPS Correct. It is just weird that the toolbars are the normal size and just the drop downs are so small.
0 Kudos
HannahFerrier
You can change the size of the Tool Buttons in ArcPad as follows:

• Open the Quick Access Menu (small arrow on far left of toolbar) and select Toolbars -> Toolbar Settings

• On this dialog, the Toolbars Tab has the settings for the size of:

[INDENT]

• Toolbar Buttons (icons on the toolbar)

• Command Buttons (icons on dialogs)

• Drop-Down Buttons (icons on drop-down menus from the toolbar)

[/INDENT]

• Enter a button size number for the first two settings and set the slider to adjust the size of the drop-down buttons.

These changes are saved in your ArcPadPrefs.apx file so you could also copy the ArcPadPrefs.apx from the My ArcPad folder on your desktop (if it has your preferred button sizes) to the My ArcPad folder your mobile device if you prefer.

I hope this helps,

Hannah
0 Kudos
DavidMichelson
New Contributor
Thanks Hanna for the response but I dont see that option I know they have that in 8.0 but I am still on 7.0.1.

http://webhelp.esri.com/arcpad/8.0/userguide/index.htm#appendix_a/concept_overview.htm

Closest thing I see to that button on my version is the ArcPad Options but I dont see where you can can the toolbar settings.

Can I do it through editing the .apx itself?
If so where could I find that option to change the toolbar size?

Thanks again,
DaveyM
0 Kudos
JuanLuera
David,

You are correct, those instructions did seem familiar too and I didn't recall those options in 7.0.1. If you are able to take the .apx file from the desktop, which is located my documents\my arcpad and override the one on the device, should revert everything back to normal. Gracias!

This might also help, ArcPad 7.0.1 User Guide
http://www.fs.fed.us/database/gps/documents/ArcPad71.pdf
0 Kudos
DavidMichelson
New Contributor
No dice!!! I deleted every instance of .apx off of the machine and reloaded ArcPad then took the .apx off of my desktop and put on the handheld but it still has the small drop down menu. Arrgh frustrating!!!!

Davey
0 Kudos
DavidMichelson
New Contributor
Here is a fix I found that worked for me.
http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=14683
It took me a few times of running the script before it actually worked and I did a soft reboot of the machine then had to reregister ArcPad.
But it worked like a champ. Just follow the directions provided by the creator of the script.

Thanks to all who tried to help me.

DaveyM
0 Kudos