Failed Installation of GPScorrect 3.30 or 3.31 on Windows 7 Professional Tablet

10-25-2011 10:14 AM
StevenRehbaum
New Contributor
Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues trying to install GPScorrect 3.30/3.31 Windows version on a Windows 7 Professional PC/Tablet/Laptop.  We have been trying to troubleshoot why we have been unable to successfully install GPScorrect.  We tried a few possible solutions including turning on .NET framework 3.5 (4 already installed).  The error we keep receiving if after it has allegedly "successfully installed".  Once we open up ArcPad 10.0.2 we get the "GPScorrect extension .dll is not installed correctly" error followed upon closing ArcPad by "Script Error 800A01A8 VBScript runtime error. Object required: 'GPScorrectExension' [Line 61, Column : 4]".  I have full Admin rights on the tablet (Motion CL900) so I do not think it is a permission restriction on installation.  Just wondering if anyone had any experience like this and/or ideas to fix it.  We are trying to work this out with NEI/Trimble as well.  We are able to load up to 3.16 without issue, but are in the process of upgrading all of our units including these 2 Motion tablets we have.  We successfully installed 3.31 on a few Recons so far without issue.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Steven,

I installed GPScorrect v3.31 this morning after readying your post, and had no problems with installation on Windows 7 OS and I can successfully access GPScorrect from within ArcPad 10.0 SP2 without any error message. One recommendation, please confirm all previous versions of GPScorrect are uninstalled via Add/Remove Programs. ArcPad 10 must be installed prior to installation of GPScorrect and on Windows 7 OS it needs to be the v3.31 - GPScorrect software for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.

Perhaps an uninstall and reinstall will resolve the error. If not and you are current in ArcPad maintenance, please contact Esri Support for assistance with this obstacle.

Cheers,
Denise
0 Kudos
StevenRehbaum
New Contributor
Hi Steven,

I installed GPScorrect v3.31 this morning after readying your post, and had no problems with installation on Windows 7 OS and I can successfully access GPScorrect from within ArcPad 10.0 SP2 without any error message. One recommendation, please confirm all previous versions of GPScorrect are uninstalled via Add/Remove Programs. ArcPad 10 must be installed prior to installation of GPScorrect and on Windows 7 OS it needs to be the v3.31 - GPScorrect software for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.

Perhaps an uninstall and reinstall will resolve the error. If not and you are current in ArcPad maintenance, please contact Esri Support for assistance with this obstacle.

Cheers,
Denise

Yes.  We are aware of all these points and have gone through all of these multiple times.  Our maintenance is up to date. The one thing that we cannot do is directly activate GPScorrect (firewall) so we had NEI who we purchased these 2 GPScorrect seats from activate them and provide us the license files.  This approach does not work even though the Activator indicates it was successful on both tablets. We open ArcPad after and it still bombs out.  So we are still in limbo. My guess is it has something to do do with the license files although I have been told they are fine.
0 Kudos
StevenRehbaum
New Contributor
We were finally able to activate GPScorrect using the online activation on what was described to me as the "Wild West" or "Thunderdome" of wireless networks.  Our firewall is like Fort Knox apparently! 

I have to mention that the Motion CL900 tablets are pretty solid tablets for the price.  We are very impressed with them so far.
0 Kudos