GNSS Sessions...OK to delete?

Jump to solution
05-09-2012 08:45 AM
DaveChamberlin
New Contributor II
I dont think you are supposed to, but some users that have been with the same database for a while now, accumulate a lot of sessions.  Is it ok to delete these?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericbock
New Contributor III
If you are talking about the GNSS sessions inside of Trimble GPS Analyst, then yes, it is OK to remove these sessions, especially if check-in starts getting slow or you are approaching the maximum size of the personal geodatabase.  I would open arccatalog, right click on your geodatabase, click on the trimble gps analyst tab, uncheck the box next to GPS enable, click oK on the warning message, then re-GPSenable the database. 

Good luck, eric b

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ericbock
New Contributor III
If you are talking about the GNSS sessions inside of Trimble GPS Analyst, then yes, it is OK to remove these sessions, especially if check-in starts getting slow or you are approaching the maximum size of the personal geodatabase.  I would open arccatalog, right click on your geodatabase, click on the trimble gps analyst tab, uncheck the box next to GPS enable, click oK on the warning message, then re-GPSenable the database. 

Good luck, eric b
0 Kudos
DaveChamberlin
New Contributor II
So when you say "if it reaches your maximum gdb size, is there a max that arcpad/trimble data collector can handle?  Ive noticed that if you check out too much data, it really slows arcpad, or it tells you it cannot connect to the GNSS receiver.
0 Kudos
AmyDunn1
New Contributor
This thread is a year old, but I have a similar question. I have nearly 400 SSF files in my GNSS Sessions folder in a personal geodatabase. I'm approaching the size limit of 2GB and I think these files are what is causing that. Previously we used an empty back up of the database and copied the data over which reduced the size, but it's starting to rise again. In the GPS Analyst Help it says that files out of the GNSS folder can not be deleted. Is the only solution to uncheck the GNSS enable box and re-check it? I had no part in setting this database up, I'm just the one who uses it everyday so changing things makes me nervous that I might mess something up.
0 Kudos