Hiding Related Tables in an edit form.

05-03-2010 11:47 AM
DaytonPoff
New Contributor III
I have a geodatabase feature class with several related tables. Checking out the feature class means every related table is checked out as well. Does anyone have any ideas, possibly a code snippet, that will hide these tables in the edit form?

Thanks,
Dayton
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DaytonPoff
New Contributor III
Just an update. This is the response from ESRI Support.

"...this bug is fixed in ArcPad 10."

If anyone has any ideas in the meantime I would greatly appreciate it.
0 Kudos
DaveAlmond
New Contributor III
Dayton-
  If you navigate to C:\Program Files\ArcPad 8.0\Developer\Samples\RelatedTables, there is a comprehensive code sample that shows how to creates forms for related tables.
0 Kudos
DaytonPoff
New Contributor III
Dayton-
  If you navigate to C:\Program Files\ArcPad 8.0\Developer\Samples\RelatedTables, there is a comprehensive code sample that shows how to creates forms for related tables.

Please see my other post.
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/1884-Customizing-Related-Table-Sample-.vbs-Script

I am aware of the Related Tables sample and Inspections.vbs sample code. However I have so far been unsuccessful in making the code work with my data. According to ESRI, ArcPad 10 will allow users to select certain related tables during checkout with the ArcPad Data Manager. Also, the form wizard will recognize related tables as it does the master table. In other words scripting won't be required. Forms can be built on related tables out of the box in ArcPad Studio at version 10.

-Dayton
0 Kudos