how to connect a Trimble GeoXM GPS Receiver to ARCPad in a Laptop?

05-02-2011 10:43 AM
CiprianoLopez
New Contributor
Hi,

I have a Trimble GeoXM GPS Receiver and  a Laptop PC, but I dont now how to conect the Receiver to laptop for use arcpad in the laptop not in the PDA trimble, can you help me please?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexMahrou
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I have a Trimble GeoXM GPS Receiver and  a Laptop PC, but I dont now how to conect the Receiver to laptop for use arcpad in the laptop not in the PDA trimble, can you help me please?

Are you wanting to utilize wireless Bluetooth or a serial connection? Just use the GPS Connector Application on the Geo. (click on Start, settings, communications tab, GPS Connector). This app will allow you to either output NMEA to a BT com port or serial (COM 1).
0 Kudos
PatrickSwallow
New Contributor
I have Arc-Edit on my laptop and I am trying to connect a Trimble Pro-XT to it using BT. I will not connect anyone know the steps to get it to connect. U can email me directly at pswallow@ostdps.org
0 Kudos
StevenRehbaum
New Contributor
If you have the bluetooth option, it is easy to go that route.  Even with it, I prefer a hardwire connection.  If you cannot use a serial to serial connection, purchase a low cost serial to USB adaptor.  Here is the link to the one I use:  http://www.iogear.com/product/GUC232A/.  I use the ProXH with tablets (Win 7 Pro x86) without any issue whatsoever.  HTH
0 Kudos