Keyboard opening on combo box

05-05-2010 10:36 AM
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
Why does the keyboard open when you click a combo box????
Its so annoying....Is there any way to stop the keyboard from opening when the user clicks on a combo box????

Thanks
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
Does this happen to everyone or anyone....I have comboboxes on the bottom of my form....when I click one it opens the combobox but it also opens the keyboard...Can I stop this......
0 Kudos
DaytonPoff
New Contributor III
Is the SIP checkbox ticked on or off in your combo box's properties?
0 Kudos
JoshMoloney
New Contributor
Is the SIP checkbox ticked on or off in your combo box's properties?

I have the same problem with one of my Apps. SIP is not ticked, if a check it will this solve the problem?
0 Kudos
JoshMoloney
New Contributor
Does this happen to everyone or anyone....I have comboboxes on the bottom of my form....when I click one it opens the combobox but it also opens the keyboard...Can I stop this......

Funny, I have the same problem, and only with a combobox near the bottom.
0 Kudos
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
Anyone out there have a fix for this?

THere are three settings for the SIP checkbox on the combo box...No check, Check, Gray Check.....I tried all three and same thing...keeps opening the keyboard....
WHY would the keyboard open when you click a combo box when the input is being take care of by the combo box....seems foolish..

I did a bit of rsearch and ESRI fix was to just place all controls above the keyboard.....to me thats foolish....tons of wasted space and too many tabs created...
There has to be a fix here....

Even a command that closes the keyboard.....Then place it on the click event of the combobox....

THanks....
0 Kudos
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
Very weird....i dosetn do it in one project but does it in another.....all proterties on the Combobox are the same....whats going on here????
0 Kudos
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
Got it....

THere is a SIP for every control on you form
THere is also a SIP check in the Form Properties, uncheck this one
THen go back and check (Dark check, there are 3 settings, off, dark check, light check) the ones you want the keyboard to open when you click the control....on an individual basis....
BUt you have to uncheck to main SIP on the form properties....

It worked for me....
0 Kudos