Navigation to a point in ArcPad

04-16-2013 06:30 AM
GregorBilban
New Contributor
Hi,

I would like to use ArcPad also for navigation. I use Find tool to select required feature and then click on the "Go To" icon (running man) to activate navigation function. A translucent green window is opened on the bottom of the screen with compass, current coordinates and height and distance to the object.

Problem with this window is that the value that represents distance to the navigated point is displayed in the smallest possible size, however this is normally the most important value?! On the other hand current coordinates that are normally not important at all (or at least less important for navigation) are shown in bigger bold style.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23547[/ATTACH]

Another problem with navigation is in case I'm using DGPS with e.g. 0.5 m accuracy. ArcPad is probably taking only raw NMEA positions from GPS and is not smoothing it in any way. So, if I'm close to the object and try to slowly approach, the distance value and compass are jumping as crazy. It would be nice to have some inteligency here that would smooth those values. Machines that run ArcPad today are just fast enough for one more task that would make navigation user-friendly;)

Any idea?

Regards,
Grega
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies