Photo Check-In - ArcPad Data Manager Vs. GPS Analyst

06-16-2011 07:08 AM
DaveChamberlin
New Contributor II
I have been looking around here for a while, and can't find anything so here we go.  When you use the Arcpad toolbar to check out data, and you choose your layers, hit next, it asks you where you want the pictures to save when the check in is performed.  I tried personal and file gdb's, snapped a few polaroids, and checked them in.  They went to the right place, and worked fine when hyper linked.  Now, it seems Trimble left this out, unless I am told otherwise.  Since GPSA is a piggy-back of Data Manager, you would think it works.  Well it does not.  Also, since GPSA requires peronal gdb's, i only tested those.  The pictures are stored in the folder that was checked out to the unit, but do not migrate to your designated folder.  Has anyone seen this? or found what i am doing wrong?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimHopper
Occasional Contributor III
I've recently heard back from Trimble Support regarding this issue.  This is an issue that their development team is aware of and they are actively attempting to resolve it.

Unfortunately, until action is taken from Trimble, check in's from the GPS Analyst toolbar will not automatically copy the pictures over.  You will need to manually do this yourself and add an appropriate hyperlink.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Jane_AnnPosney
New Contributor II
I've recently heard back from Trimble Support regarding this issue.  This is an issue that their development team is aware of and they are actively attempting to resolve it.

Unfortunately, until action is taken from Trimble, check in's from the GPS Analyst toolbar will not automatically copy the pictures over.  You will need to manually do this yourself and add an appropriate hyperlink.

Thanks.

It does not appear that Trimble has addressed this issue yet, however, when I do copy the photos into the folder where I check the AXF file back into ArcMap the hyperlink is automatically there in ArcMap to view the photos. 

2 Questions:
Where does ArcMap see the path to these pictures?  I need to make reports from some of the data found in the field and need to include the pictures - this is going to be very difficult since each project (there are 8 Mobile Workers collecting the field data) contains the pictures.  I would have to manually add the path to each record?

Since ArcMap does Hyperlink automatically to these photos using the Identify tool..... is there an easy way to use the ArcMap Reports application to include the picutres?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Jane Ann
0 Kudos