pick list from dbf table

12-11-2011 04:48 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ojala alguna alma caritativa pueda leer esto:
Cuando llamo a una tabla .dbf, no visualizo de ningun modo los campos de la tabla de Value ni de Text.
Please hel us!!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Translation:

Hopefully some charitable soul can read this: when I call a .dbf table, the table Value or Text fields not visualize in any way.
Please help us!
0 Kudos
JuanLuera
Occasional Contributor III
¿Puede usted decirme qué versión de ArcPad está trabajando con, y es que esto se haga dentro de un cuadro combinado. ¿O llamar a este cuadro de un campo, que son capaces de darme un poco de información.
0 Kudos
TimHopper
From the looks of it, you're running into the following bug:

CQ00312474: Fields for external list values only show on XP machines (not on Win7/Vista)

When you are utilizing a dbf table to populate the drop-down lists of a combobox control it requires that you select both the Values and Text fields (Code and Description) from the dbf table.

Unfortunately, these lists appear blank on Windows Vista and Windows 7 computers.  Until this issue is resolved, you MUST select these values via ArcPad Studio on a computer with a Windows XP operating system.
0 Kudos
StevenRehbaum
New Contributor
From the looks of it, you're running into the following bug:

CQ00312474: Fields for external list values only show on XP machines (not on Win7/Vista)

When you are utilizing a dbf table to populate the drop-down lists of a combobox control it requires that you select both the Values and Text fields (Code and Description) from the dbf table.

Unfortunately, these lists appear blank on Windows Vista and Windows 7 computers.  Until this issue is resolved, you MUST select these values via ArcPad Studio on a computer with a Windows XP operating system.

Win7 64 Bit and ArcPad 10 SP3 here.  I had the same problem initially, but I was first opening from a network.  When I copied it locally and worked on it, I could pick my value and text fields no problem.  I then copied it back to the network and now works there as well.  The one thing I noticed and am not sure why, but the .apls I was working on showed all caps (the extension "apl")in Windows Explorer.  I changed them back, but not sure that had any impact either way.  Just something I noticed.  All of our current shapefiles have external tables for all subtypes and domains.  This is a pre-cursor to finally moving up to .axf, but I will use the forms I already have with some modifications.  Not sure what version the OP is working in, but I can say the external tables work fine for me.  I attached a couple of pics.  No smoke and mirrors with these I assure you. 😄 HTH
0 Kudos
JuanLuera
Muy Bueno Tim,

It does look like that was what they are running into.

El problema que estamos viendo es un error y que ha sido registrada con los nuestros desarrolladores para ArcPad. Tim uno de nuestros analistas H. le ha proporcionado el número de errores y nuestros desarrolladores están trabajando en este tema. Gracias!
0 Kudos
OliviaBrown1
New Contributor
Hello,

I am having the same problem but your solution has not worked.  I'm trying to link to a DBF table to populate a combobox drop down.  I can link to the table but there are no visible options in the value and text fields.  I have all the files on my local computer and I'm using Windows 7.  Please help.

Olivia
0 Kudos
TimHopper
Olivia,

As posted above, you need to be using a computer with a Windows XP operating system.  This is a known issue in ArcPad while using Windows Vista or Windows 7.
0 Kudos
OliviaBrown1
New Contributor
Thank you for your quick reply, Tim.
0 Kudos
StevenRehbaum
New Contributor
Hello,

I am having the same problem but your solution has not worked.  I'm trying to link to a DBF table to populate a combobox drop down.  I can link to the table but there are no visible options in the value and text fields.  I have all the files on my local computer and I'm using Windows 7.  Please help.

Olivia

Yes ESRI, my PC is magical.  I realize this is/was a known issue, but I don't have it on my Win7 box.  Anyway,  I just created a test .apl for a test shapefile and once the inital text field was deleted and a combobox used and the field specified, it was no problem to select an external table which is a simple .dbf export from SDE containing diameter values.  Both the Values and Text fields could be selected no problem.  I haven't tested this out on other Win7 PCs here, but I suspect I will have no problem.

Not sure if folks are not trying it with a combobox (not the issue here) or maybe not first selecting the field for the list under the general tab.  Not sure really what is going on.  All I can say is I don't have this issue after revising 29 shapefiles for collection as well as this last quick test. I hope this becomes a non-issue for everyone ASAP.
0 Kudos