RTK Precision display in ArcPad

01-07-2014 11:37 AM
RichardSullivan
New Contributor
We just picked up a new Geneq RTK system and are using ArcPad 10 for our data acquisition.  While using the system the position accuracy in ArcPad is displayed as 0.0 for both the horizontal and vertical.  The elevation data is only displayed to one decimal place.  Is there a way to change this?  Working in meters I'm taking 0.0 error to mean that we have sub-decimeter accuracy, but it's important to know that for sure, as it is to know what the error is (is it +-2cm or +-9cm?).  The RTK boats centimeter level precision and it's important to see that in the field.  When I export the data back in the office it comes out to multiple decimal places in the X,Y, and Z.  I'm wary of how much I can trust the decimal places when the error is only displayed to one decimal.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?

Thanks
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III
In ArcPad 10.0.2, the altitude output from the GPS has been increased to 3 decimal places (unless there are actually only 0, 1 or 2 places available eg. 2.500m will display as 2.5m).

Hope this helps,

Hannah 🙂
0 Kudos
BrettBlack
Occasional Contributor
The EPE, HPE, VPE values are derived from the NMEA sentence. These values from your receiver are likely only a single decimal place, so that is why you are seeing them rounded in ArcPad.
0 Kudos