Running ArcPad on my Topcon Grs-1

11-21-2013 05:11 AM
PrestonStafford
New Contributor
Having problems getting ArcPad to find my GPS. Someone is telling me that there is a download for this and it is called Etop+. Does anyone know where I can find this download been looking and not having any success.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
NicholasWhite1
New Contributor
I would contact Topcon for solutions but it should work.

You may have to go into Settings>System>GPS Connector and set the COM Port (6?) that ArcPad will need to access. Then in ArcPad you need to edit the GPS Preferences and choose that COM Port. Are you using the internal antenna or something externally? Also make sure you arent using some wacky projection that ArcPad isnt set up to translate.

I've been using ArcPad with Topcons 'Field Tools for Arcpad' extension which automates all that COM port stuff and allows for RTK and VRS rover services.

That being said, I've had trouble with this setup too. I've had a number of problems with ArcPad on various devices and I find the software on Windows Mobile GPS units terrible universally. Multiple hard resets, drive re-formats, and software re-installs. If you get things to line up and work, dont mess with settings ever again.
0 Kudos