Snapping on Juniper Archer

12-16-2010 11:22 AM
EricMcPhee
New Contributor III
Does anyone know how to use snapping on a Juniper Archer? I am able to use snapping on my desktop and while controling my Archer through MyMobiler on my desktop by holding the "Ctrl" key. The Juniper Archer doesn't have a center button to hold while snapping as the ArcPad Help suggests. Am I missing something here?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
GarethWalters
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

Unfortunately you are not missing anything at all, as the Juniper doesn't have the notion of a center button it will not work on that device.
0 Kudos
EricMcPhee
New Contributor III
Thanks for the reply.
I have contacted Juniper about this issue, and they sent me some info about changing the keys in the registry to get the vk_control....but I'm not real interested in messing with the registry.

Also, this only seems to be a problem with ArcPad 10 (I did not test on 8), as I can get it to work in 7.1.1 by opening the SIP and tapping the "Ctl" button on there...then snapping works. In ArcPad 10 I cannot open the SIP while working with the map (ie using the snapping tool) only when I open a form of some sort.

So, my next question is: Can I open the SIP in ArcPad 10 while working with the map?
0 Kudos
GarethWalters
Occasional Contributor III
Hi There,

We have written an applet for you that will fire the "Ctrl" key request from an applet toolbutton. It will turn the snapping visibilty on/off. go to the resources page and check it out!

http://resources.arcgis.com/gallery/file/arcpad/details?entryID=A111C78F-1422-2418-7FF4-33639B566F15

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Gareth
0 Kudos
EricMcPhee
New Contributor III
Problem solved! Thanks Gareth. This works just great.
0 Kudos