Symbology problem

05-25-2010 10:28 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: dsattler

I am using ArcMap 931 and ArcPad 8.
When I open the apl that was created through exporting out to ArcPad, the fill color in some of my symbols is gone.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Not sure if its because I am using Unique Values-Many Fields, or something else.

Thanks
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: todd5465

Hi Daniel,

As you suspect, the unique values, many fields is most likely the issue you are running into here.  According to the ArcPad 8.0 readme file this type of symbology is currently unsupported :

"ArcGIS symbology based upon multiple fields not supported �?? Using ArcMap unique value renderers, multiple values can be associated with a single symbol. This symbology cannot be exported to ArcPad."

You'll need to change the symbology so it's only based on one field.  As a workaround, some people have had success by creating a second temporary MXD that contains the same feature classes but with the simplified symbology.  This secondary MXD is only used for checking the data in and out of ArcMap.  Once the data has been checked in and the feature classes have been updated, the original MXD with the complex symbology should reflect the changes from the field the next time it is opened.
0 Kudos
DanielSattler
New Contributor III
Okay, thanks Todd.
0 Kudos