Tagging Points with PDOP

06-03-2011 02:01 PM
ScottKeith
New Contributor
Hi folks.  Is there a way to populate a field with the PDOP value when a point is collected?  I'd like to have that data in my layer.  Any info helps.  Thanks in advance.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimHopper
Occasional Contributor III
You can use the following ArcScript (unsupported by ESRI Support) to populate the PDOP, along with quite a few other attributes, to features taken with the gps.

Add XYZ to Table
http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=16785

I tested this applet several weeks ago using ArcPad 10 and had success. 

The fields need to be named/spelled exactly as they are shown in the readme.txt file.  From what I recall you need to specify the proper field type before it will log the data.  My gut tells me that the majority of fields need to be of type "Float", however, I'm not 100% sure.

My suggestion is to set up a test feature class first, to make sure you've got it working correctly.  If you go out and data isn't recorded into your field, try a different field type, such as double.

If you have any issues getting this to work correctly, I'd advise using the "Contact Author" button from the ArcScript page and send a message to the author.
0 Kudos
GregoryElwood
New Contributor II
Tim,

I notice that in the summary for this script it says: "The applet works with ArcPad 7.1.1 and 8.0 SP2."

Does this also work in ArcPad 10? Would there need to be a change as to where the applet is stored?

Gregory
0 Kudos
TimHopper
Occasional Contributor III
Gregory,

I tested with ArcPad 10 a while back and from what I recall it worked just fine.  The location for applets has not changed.  A lot of the older applets written for ArcPad will work successfully at newer versions.  Worst that can happen is you try it and it doesn't work!  But like I said, seemed to work fine for me at ArcPad 10.  If you try it and nothing gets recorded, your field types are probably incorrect.
0 Kudos