Things to fix in ArcPad

07-30-2015 11:58 AM
PatrickMurphy
Occasional Contributor

ArcPad is getting left behind obviously, can't wait until Collector by ESRI is really ready for primetime.

I hate the fact that when I am connected to GPS and change the elevation to feet, the elevation still ends with "m" instead of "ft".  This is embarrassing.   Then I hate that the thin blue line that occurs when recording a polygon is so vague when you have an aerial background, that you can't really tell when you are getting close to the start point.  They need to either increase the thickness/visibility of the line, or provide a marker that makes it easy to see the start point.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
GarethWalters
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Patrick,

On your points of drawing a temporary polygon, if you add a graphics layer (ArcPad Button, New, Graphics Layer) you can add a point and symbolise to a nice big icon, then mark it on your map at your start point. Then when you are done collecting a polygon you can delete that graphic.

I hope this helps as a quick fix for you.

Cheers,

Gareth

0 Kudos
PatrickMurphy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, that is helpful. Now if the real fix just gets done before Windows Mobile 6.x goes entirely extinct, that would be great.

0 Kudos