Wifi Cameras to Acquire for Use with Ashtech MobileMapper 100 and ArcPad 10

12-17-2012 06:28 AM
WinnKetchum
New Contributor III
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good camera w/ wifi capabilities to use with the Ashtech MobileMapper 100 and ArcPad 10.  The camera on the Ashtech is ok but not great and I would like a better camera for taking photos in the field.  I've read the posts on the eye-fi card which may be an option as well.

Thank you,

Winn
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SeanScully
New Contributor
What problems are you having with the camera, we have found that ArcPad doesn't respond well to hi-res images, you want to leave the camera settings at the factory defaults.  Do not waste your money on the Ricoh, we know dealers that have new units sitting on the shelf and can't sell them, the MM100�??s built in camera is 3 megapixel which meets the minimum requirements for most county office requests when geo-referencing images.
0 Kudos
WinnKetchum
New Contributor III
@Stakemill, Thanks for the reply.  We've been using the camera on the Ashtech at high res just fine for the most part, although we have had some issues in the past.  So it would be nice to have a backup, but from what I've heard from others as well is that the Ashtech isn't good at connecting to external cameras.  We do have a ricoh, which takes ok pictures but has a very poor accuracy with regards to location of the point compared to the Ashtech, not to mention the extra steps involved with not having it in the attribute table.
0 Kudos