ArcReader and ArcGIS Desktop

10-19-2012 07:25 AM
DraganIvancevic
New Contributor
I am posting this because Reader 9&10 used to render my Desktop 10 unusable in the past. Is this still an issue or do the 10.1 versions co-exist now peacefully?  On the same note, I'd like to learn if there is any servicepacks out already for both v10.1 applications. --Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor
Version 10.1 ArcGIS Desktop and ArcReader are completely compatible. With that, PMFs are forward, but not backwards compatible. You could create a PMF in ArcGIS 10.0 and use this in ArcReader 10.1, but you could not create a PMF in ArcGIS 10.1 and use it in ArcReader 10.0. With that, SP1 for 10.1 should be available next week.
0 Kudos
HollySmith
New Contributor III
Does the SP1 for 10.1 make it backwards compatible so desktop 10.1 can create pmfs to be displayed in reader 10?
0 Kudos
TomMagdaleno
Occasional Contributor III
Does the SP1 for 10.1 make it backwards compatible so desktop 10.1 can create pmfs to be displayed in reader 10?

No, unfortunately.  We just updated everyone to ArcReader 10.1 last month.  I won't be updating to Desktop 10.2 if I am going to have to go through so much trouble to update an ArcReader pmf again.
0 Kudos