Find Route Problems

01-25-2011 02:06 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
If I have defined points for a route and then go and open the Find Route dialog, when I right click a stop, the focus leaves the find Route dialog and returns to ArcReader, so I cannot select anything in the pull right.  So, I am unable to remove stops, or flash or anything for that matter.  The behavior is seen not just with the pull right, but single clicking in the window, first gives focus to the Route dialog, and then it leaves for the Map window.

Repro:

Add Some stops.
Open Find Route dialog
select second stop
Stays selected for a second
Focus leaves for Map

Try and right click.
It appears for a millisecond, then disappears.

This may be a showstopper for those that use this tool, or you better be perfect when adding stops.

Its appearing that when the select focus leaves, the partial select in the window still can be removed via the remove button, so, not a showstopper, phewwww.   I don't like being stuck on a release.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
If I add two stops via the locator on ArcGIS Online, why can't I Find Route.  I see a Location in Stops is on a non-traversable network element. Need at least 2 valid stops.  Stops does not contain valid input for any route.

I would think that if I can find it via a locator it would be a valid stop, and it allows me through that dialog to add as a stop, so why does it not work from within the find route dialog?

Well at least the Manual placement works, so that's another workaround.
0 Kudos
HaroldBostic
Occasional Contributor II
Hello, did you ever find a resolution to your issues?
0 Kudos
HarikaVamulapalli
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have trouble solving the route from python. Below is the error i get:

Do you have any solution to the problem?

ExecuteError: ERROR 030024: Solve returned a failure.

"Stops" does not contain valid input for any route.

Failed to execute (Solve).

0 Kudos