Install and Configuration Messages even after Install

09-10-2010 11:21 AM
PaulSpina
New Contributor
Installed ArcReader 9.3 on several machines at a client site (municipality).  All installs went smoothly and ArcReader works on all machines, except for one machine.  As ArcReader runs fine on all the other machines, it's apparent that there is something (or some things) different on this one "problem" machine that is causing messages to come up when you attempt to open ArcReader - "preparing to install..." (even though it had already been installed, and "Please wait while Windows configures ArcGIS ArcReaeder" (where it takes many minutes for ArcReader to come up, and you need to Cancel this message 3 or 4 times before ArcReader comes up).
Anyone experienced this before?  Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BillSaunders
New Contributor

I know that this is a very old thread (without any original responses), but I have just started having this same problem this morning.  This, after years of no problems on the same machine.  I have ArcGIS 9.3.1 and when I initiate the program, I get the "preparing to install from CD" message.  I have to cancel out of it 2-3 times before ArcGIS comes up.  I also have HEC-RAS 4.1.0 installed on the same box.  Initiating this program also attempts to install ArcGIS from disc.  I only need to cancel one time with HEC-RAS before that program comes up.  Like I said, this problem is new this morning.  Anyone have an idea why this is happening?

0 Kudos