Installing Arc Reader10

Jump to solution
04-25-2012 01:28 PM
AnnSongayllo
New Contributor
I hope someone can help me - I have downloaded Arc Reader 10. When I run Install, it repeatedly tells me that there is a copy of Arc GIS 9.3.1 on my machine. I have uninstalled, deleted, and run search to find it and cannot. I downloaded a registry cleaner. It does not appear to be on my computer - Any ideas ??
Thanks, Ann
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimHopper
Occasional Contributor III
Ann,

I've run across this one time before.

It required a complete uninstall of ArcReader AND ArcGIS Desktop to get it to function correctly.  I'd remove any signs of ArcReader and then uninstall ArcGIS Desktop (I'm assuming that it's installed), reinstall ArcGIS Desktop, reinstall ArcReader.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimHopper
Ann,

I've run across this one time before.

It required a complete uninstall of ArcReader AND ArcGIS Desktop to get it to function correctly.  I'd remove any signs of ArcReader and then uninstall ArcGIS Desktop (I'm assuming that it's installed), reinstall ArcGIS Desktop, reinstall ArcReader.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
TimHopper
Two thumbs way up.
0 Kudos
KathyArbogast
New Contributor
I am having the same issue but I am trying to install ArcReader 10.0 or 9.3 with ArcGIS 10.1.  Ij ust want to make sure there isn't an issues installing with ArcGIS 10.1 before I ask IT to uninstall and re install everything.

Thanks, Kathy
0 Kudos