Features disappear after saving Attribute Rules

Jump to solution
01-11-2024 06:48 AM
JamesBooth
New Contributor III

I'm having an issue with my attribute rules. When I go to save them after making changes, all of the features for that feature class disappear from my map view. Even if I remove the feature class and then add it back in, the features are still gone. However, if I shut ArcGIS Pro down and then restart it, the features reappear. I'm not sure if it's related, but prior to saving the attribute rules, I sometimes have to remove any locks/connections to the SDE feature class so that I can save the rules. I don't believe that is causing the issue, as I have done this in the past and my features didn't disappear. Any ideas on what may be occurring here? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jake_S
by
Occasional Contributor II

Morning,

There is some things to unpack here. When you say "When I go to save them after making changes, all of the features for that feature class disappear from my map view" are you referring to the feature or an attribute rule you are updating?

What is your environment setup and versions? 

Does this occur on basic rules such as setting a field value to 1 on create?

If you have to shutdown pro or remove locks from the database this indicates a rule might be caught in a logic loop that is causing the schema lock. It's hard to say without the code provided.

~Jake

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jake_S
by
Occasional Contributor II

Morning,

There is some things to unpack here. When you say "When I go to save them after making changes, all of the features for that feature class disappear from my map view" are you referring to the feature or an attribute rule you are updating?

What is your environment setup and versions? 

Does this occur on basic rules such as setting a field value to 1 on create?

If you have to shutdown pro or remove locks from the database this indicates a rule might be caught in a logic loop that is causing the schema lock. It's hard to say without the code provided.

~Jake

0 Kudos
JamesBooth
New Contributor III

I was deleting my own SDE connections! Sorry for wasting your time! 

0 Kudos