Export to CAD doesn't seem to catch all features

08-26-2019 11:46 AM
meganbarron
New Contributor II

Hey all, we occasionally have an issue with exporting to CAD from ArcMap. 

I Add Data of parcels from a local entity, and clip it to my Area of Interest. All goes fine for this, but when I then take that resulting shp and use the tool Export to CAD (whether through the Toolbox or from the layer itself in the table of contents), it isn't picking up all of the parcels somehow. 

Most of the time this process goes without any issues, and I am stumped as to why some of the parcels get dropped during the conversion, or where to look. I have not found any threads, tutorials, etc with this particular issue so far.

Included are two screenshots - the pink shows the parcels in their entirety for the area of interest. The green shows what I end up with in AutoCAD.

Tags (1)
2 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Megan,

Could there possibly be a tolerance issue, or some sort of closure parameter?

The best way I get around exporting to CAD is to just give my CAD people a shapefile. That way I know it's "right" when it leaves my GIS.

0 Kudos
MollyJackson
New Contributor III

I'm seeing something related but not exactly the same. When we clip a contour feature class to a boundary and then export the clipped contours to CAD, some of the resulting lines are showing up as "Group" entities rather than LWPolylines, and they have 0 elevation.

This does not happen with feature classes that haven't been clipped.

0 Kudos