Automate Updating representation rule color

Jump to solution
12-12-2017 06:58 AM
AnneVendeløkke_Olsen1
New Contributor III

Dear Community.

We have a master style-file containing representation rules for many cartographic products.

Sometimes we update an existing representation rule (change color, add new layer etc). How do we propagate this modification to all the featureclasses  using this representation rule?

I would like a sort of "Refresh representation rules" where the functionality would you to the style file and re-read the representation rules from the style-file. Is this possible?

Best regards Anne

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnneVendeløkke_Olsen1
New Contributor III

I guess I Have found the answer my self.

Visual Specifications are dynamically updated, when af Representation Rule in the style file is updated.

In order to propagate the change in symbol to relevant featureclasses I will run the Drop Visual Specifications which removes the rep-fields related to the specific specification.

Thereafter I wil run the Calculate Visual Specifications which will re-create the relevant rep-fields, now with information from updated Visual Specifications.

Hopefully this can be done multiple times without a problem - everytime a relevant symbol needs to be modified.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnneVendeløkke_Olsen1
New Contributor III

I guess I Have found the answer my self.

Visual Specifications are dynamically updated, when af Representation Rule in the style file is updated.

In order to propagate the change in symbol to relevant featureclasses I will run the Drop Visual Specifications which removes the rep-fields related to the specific specification.

Thereafter I wil run the Calculate Visual Specifications which will re-create the relevant rep-fields, now with information from updated Visual Specifications.

Hopefully this can be done multiple times without a problem - everytime a relevant symbol needs to be modified.

0 Kudos