Export Map to PDF

11-19-2015 09:33 AM
Randy_A_Stapleton
New Contributor III

I am having an problem with map symbology when exporting a map to PDF. Some of the fill lines turn 'wavy'. I've tried a number of different setting from export options, but cannot get it to work. Any thoughts?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

A variety of issues can occur when converting to PDF.  I'd start by checking your output settings.  It may be that your export quality is set very low.

Be sure that you can see all the export options.  If you have not already, click on the un-obvious triangle next to "Options" to open the additional tabs.

Export_PDF1.png

Then look at the various settings.  There are a wide variety of controls here, so let us know what settings you are using that caused the output issue.  This will provide more specifics to troubleshoot this, as there are a wide variety of settings with different effects.

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
Randy_A_Stapleton
New Contributor III

Chris, Thanks for the reply. I have tried multiple settings & increased DPI up to 720. Still getting the same results. 

0 Kudos
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

You may have already checked this particular setting, but if not.....

output image resample.jpg

Here's another one that may be tripping things up:

Image compression.jpg

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
DavidBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

Do you have anything that is causing rasterization (transparency, bitmap fills, etc.) of that layer or any above it? If so, you might try removing the things causing rasterization and see how it exports then to see if that makes any difference.

0 Kudos