Need help

11-04-2017 08:41 PM
laxmiparajuli
New Contributor II

I am trying to get data to work on on floodplains of California.  I have tried all the available sites like California department of Hydrology, FEMA, State of Cali Geopotral and all. All they do is direct me to online map, but what I need is downloadable data that I can play in arcmap. I can see the attribute table and all the map information there in online map but once I open the map in arcmap in my PC there is no attribute table and data seen except the map layer. Where can I get the data that I can import in arcmap to work on? Thanks In advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

you might have to do some pruning, but a file geodatabase sounds like it should work.

https://catalog.data.gov/dataset/national-flood-hazard-layer-nfhl/resource/89b88927-fc8e-4557-a97f-3...

one of several options Dr Google offered using 'floodplain California downloads' as keywords

laxmiparajuli
New Contributor II

I checked in the site you guided but I saw that the zipfile itself was 10G. I doubt this is what I need coz the file seems too big.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

it is for the whole US... but the official version, so you will probably have to google deeper to find some site that has already clipped it at a state level

0 Kudos
laxmiparajuli
New Contributor II

Okey..thank you !!

0 Kudos