Adding additional tabs from ArcGIS Online map to a shortlist story map.

Jump to solution
02-02-2017 10:36 AM
JasonBuck
New Contributor III

For an existing short list story map, is it possible to add new tabs to an application, from data in an existing AGO map?  For example, I have an AGO map with a service that had two values in the TAB_NAME field (parks and swimming).  We since have edited the data and have added a third value (trails) in the TAB_NAME field.  This service has been republished and I can see the new tab_name value in the service, and also in the AGO map that was used to create the story map.  However, the existing story map does not display the new point (with the new tab value) or a new tab with the third TAB_NAME field value.  The new tab and the new data do show up when I completely recreate the story map.   Thanks.

Jason Buck

La Crosse, WI

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III
4 Replies
MarkCooney
JasonBuck
New Contributor III

Mark -- thank you for the timely reply.  So in order to see any changes (additions, deletions, changes to attributes, etc.), I need to recreate the story map from the AGO map every time these changes are completed?  Thanks.

Jason

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Jason,

For the time being, all edits to features should be done within the Shortlist builder.  We are looking to add the workflow where features are managed exclusively outside of the builder, for example, in a feature service layer.

Mark

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

This new workflow was implemented on March 1st. Please see our March 2017 What's New blog post: What’s New in Story Maps (March 2017) | ArcGIS Blog 

Rupert

0 Kudos