Cannot create a new story map crowdsource (script error)

Jump to solution
12-16-2016 04:41 AM
LauraBertran
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I have an story map crowdsource and I am not able to open it. I tried today for the fist time in a few days, and the page doesn't load. I got a script error in the console so I tried creating a new one from scratch, and the same message comes up. I'm adding a screenshot.

I see the resource https://amb1.maps.arcgis.com/apps/StoryMapCrowdsource/resources/translations/viewer/nls/template.js loads properly but not https://amb1.maps.arcgis.com/apps/StoryMapCrowdsource/resources/translations/viewer/nls/es/template....

Is this related to the update in arcgis online this week?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Laura,

Unfortunately we had an issue with last night's update that broke Story Map Crowdsource. We are going to patch tonight and all should be back to normal tomorrow morning. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have to have your app working today you can use the ArcGIS Online Assistant to edit the version number in the app JSON (all the way at the bottom) to 0.3.0. In the header choose I want to... > View an item's JSON, then find your Crowdsource story in the left panel and click it. In the right panel scroll down to the Data section, click the pencil icon to edit the JSON, then scroll all the way down to the bottom to find and change the version number. Save your changes and reload your Crowdsource story.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Laura,

I'm sorry you have been affected by this issue. We have identified the cause and plan to deploy a fix tonight.

In the meantime, if you set your browser language to English you should be able to use Crowdsource stories and the builder.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
LauraBertran
New Contributor III

Hello Owen,

Thanks for the tip! Yesterday the map worked fine with my browser, no need to change the language. Today, however, the map doesn't load, even though this time it allows me to create a new one. I have not edited neither the map nor the app for the last few weeks. I add a screenshot of the error. 

Can I fix this somehow, or does this have to do with the update as well?

Thanks again,

Laura

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Laura,

Unfortunately we had an issue with last night's update that broke Story Map Crowdsource. We are going to patch tonight and all should be back to normal tomorrow morning. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have to have your app working today you can use the ArcGIS Online Assistant to edit the version number in the app JSON (all the way at the bottom) to 0.3.0. In the header choose I want to... > View an item's JSON, then find your Crowdsource story in the left panel and click it. In the right panel scroll down to the Data section, click the pencil icon to edit the JSON, then scroll all the way down to the bottom to find and change the version number. Save your changes and reload your Crowdsource story.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
LauraBertran
New Contributor III

Thank you Owen, now the map loads properly!

I realize crowdsource story maps are on beta, and you guys keep working on improving it. Still, I would like to ask if all these changes ESRI is implementing lately that make the app not work properly are something occasional or regular. This particular story map type is exactly what we need for a project we are starting and we would love to use it, but for the past week we haven't been able to use it much.

Cheers,

Laura

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Laura,

These changes are occasional -- ArcGIS Online has updates every three months, and after those updates it gets a few patches over the next week or so to fix issues. I apologize for the instability over the last few days, but we should be back to normal after tonight.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos