Collapsible side description panel in bulleted map

Jump to solution
01-08-2015 06:39 AM
Arthurgov
New Contributor

In the Bulleted map, is there a way to modify the code to have a collapsible side panel similar to the Swipe map?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Yes you could use something like to slide it out (considering that the panel is displayed on the left)

$("#descLegendPanel").animate({"margin-left": "-30%"});

And make it reappear using

$("#descLegendPanel").animate({"margin-left": "0%"});

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
GregoryL_Azou

Yes you could use something like to slide it out (considering that the panel is displayed on the left)

$("#descLegendPanel").animate({"margin-left": "-30%"});

And make it reappear using

$("#descLegendPanel").animate({"margin-left": "0%"});

0 Kudos
Arthurgov
New Contributor

Thank you Gregory. Where would I put this code?

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

You are welcome.

Implementing a similar button that the one in the Swipe application require some Javascript and CSS knowledge.

This is just the code to make the panel move but to make it a fully functional button there is more much code required. You can find a developer guide on the GitHub repository to get started on customizing the application.

Good luck

0 Kudos
AndyHenry
New Contributor II

Hello Gregory,

I would like to do the same thing (collapse main side panel) but I do not have any programming experience and was wondering if you would be able to email me a step by step process on how to do this? Can it be something has simply attaching the code?

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Hi Andy,

It's unfortunately not that simple as pasting the code somewhere, you would need to download and deploy the application on a web server, instructions at Esri/map-series-storytelling-template-js · GitHub and then add the code yourself. I am dedicated towards helping the community but I have never done it and can't take time to code it. Hope someone else in the community can share a similar enhancement with you.

0 Kudos
AndyHenry
New Contributor II

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for the info. On a related note, when you download a story map template and customize it, are you able to arcgisonline so others are able to viewing (meaning, using it as a web server.) The reason I ask is, I know you can set you own PC as a web server, but it's nice to be able to publish it via arcgisonline and then sent the link to others so they are able to view it.

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Hi,

You are welcome.

Once you have customized the template it is not possible to upload it back to ArcGIS Online.

You have to host it on your own server or use a provider. There is not many options for free web site hosting but there is a lot of cheap one.

0 Kudos
AndyHenry
New Contributor II

And as long as the server (which most or all do) has\have internet access it can be viewed from anywhere.?

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Yes absolutely!

0 Kudos