Create hosted Map Tour layer-- Creation failed. Please try again

08-05-2018 09:13 AM
marcusperry1
New Contributor II

I am trying to create a story map using uploaded photos, however, when I attempt to create a new folder to upload my photos to I get a "Creation failed. Please try again" error message.  Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

In this workflow the Story Map Tour is trying to created a hosted feature layer in which it can store the images that you upload into the Tour Builder. Things to check are is there already a hosted feature layer in your ArcGIS Content or Org with than name. You could also check that you have permissions to create a hosted feature layer (although normally Map Tour won't give you this option if you don't. I'd recommend contacting Esri Tech Support about this issue so they can walk through this with you. I do sometimes get that message myself, but if I try again it works OK.

Would also be good to know if you are using ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise.

Rupert

marcusperry1
New Contributor II

I have a personal use license and accessed the storymap builder from this link: http://storymaps.arcgis.com/en/my-stories/   I am the owner and sole user of my organization; I don't think permissions would be the issue.  I was able to load the content I wanted by uploading a CSV file based on the template provided, however I am unable to save or preview the storymap after loading the CSV into the editor.  I contacted ESRI Tech Support and they referred me to ESRI Customer Support, which I have not heard back from yet.

0 Kudos
AlanRex1
Esri Contributor

marcus perry
I've looked at your account and it's not clear to me why you would have been redirected to Customer Service.  I'm going to create a Support case for you.  You'll get an automated email in a few minutes when the case is created and then an analyst should be reaching out to you after that.  

RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Alan Rex

0 Kudos