Esri Story Map template trouble

Jump to solution
09-10-2013 12:55 PM
LyellGriswold
New Contributor
Currently I am creating a story map of the trees here on campus (CSU, Chico). We have well over 200 trees that are in this tour and the template we chose was the 'Storytelling Countdown Template' which allows for enough information, two maps, and thumbnails linked to enlarged images.
Now our problem is that this template is set to not represent points over a ranking of 99. Although all trees appear in the list menu, points for 100 on up are not represented on the map.
Is there a way to manipulate the script to override this built in limit? any help would be appreciated.
-Thanks, Lyell G. 
Map Found Here for reference http://geochico.csuchico.edu/dev/CampusTrees/
0 Kudos
26 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Lindsay,

If you do not get a reply from this thread (well, a real reply), then it might be a good idea to start a new thread. You can always post a link back to this one for reference. 

Also, can you post the code you wrote to change this color? That might help others to give a more direct answer. (I know you posted your github link, but just a quick couple of lines in the post might help so others won't have to dig through too much). 

0 Kudos
lindsayc
New Contributor III

Thanks Adrian. I will do just that.

Lindsay

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Lyell

Here's a zip file you can download containing extended and alternate numbered marker symbols:
http://links.esri.com/storymaps/numbered_marker_symbols

Your app looks good.

Rupert

EmilyLee
Occasional Contributor II

Rupert, thank you very much for the markers. It's helped a lot!!  And Lyell, thank you for asking the question.

0 Kudos
EmilyLee

Hm... I've already put the extended numbered marker symbols in the same folder as the rest of 1-99 numbered icons by color, but my Playlist still shows up to 99 features. Any idea please?

numbericon.PNG

Thank you for your time.

Emily

0 Kudos
ChristianSmith
New Contributor III

Emily,

In the mapConfig.js file you need to change the MaxAllowablePoints value.

This is around line 19  and by default it is set to 99

0 Kudos
EmilyLee

Rupert,

Would you happen to have one that without any number on the markers please? I want to use it for the legend.

Thank you very much!

Emily

0 Kudos