Getting Started (Story Map Crowdsource)

01-26-2017 02:09 PM
JenniferRosenberg
New Contributor

I'm just starting a storymap for crowdsourcing.

I'm sure i will have several questions, but I can't even get the mapmaker to begin. It is simply in the loading stage (for hours). Has anyone else run into this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jennifer, we have not not seen this issue before. Can you tell us a little more about your situation?

• Do you ever see the a beta message and have a place to enter your story title? Or do you only see a grey background with a blue loading indicator (no text under the loading indicator)?
  • How did you start building the crowdsource story? Did you try to share a webmap to the template? Did you create a new app from arcgis online? Or did you start from the story maps website?
  • Are you in an organization in ArcGIS Online? What permission level are you?
  • What operation system and browser are you using?
  • Also, if you're willing can you send your browser console log (just upload it as an attachment). Below are instructions for Chrome:

Save Console Log

Open this URL: https://arcgis.com/apps/StoryMapCrowdsource/index.html?fromScratch&debug 

Wait until the app stops responding (If nothing happens within a couple mins but the loader still shows, the app has stopped responding).

Open the JavaScript Console: View => Developer => JavaScript Console

Find an empty space in the console window, right click and the click "Save As."

Then upload this file as an attachment to your response.

0 Kudos