How do you delete a sequential text box?

Jump to solution
12-07-2016 07:10 AM
ShonaFrost
New Contributor

In my Story Map Cascade, I have duplicated an immersive view which had two sequential text boxes on it. I want to delete one of these on the new immersive view and can't seem to find how. Basic question but I'm stuck!

Thanks

Shona

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Shona,

You can't delete the narrative panel itself from an immersive section, but if you remove all the content the empty panel won't display when your story is viewed.

However, your readers will still need to scroll to get past the view that doesn't have a panel. This can be confusing since there isn't anything happening in the app, so please consider this before creating an immersive view without any narrative panel content.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Shona,

You can't delete the narrative panel itself from an immersive section, but if you remove all the content the empty panel won't display when your story is viewed.

However, your readers will still need to scroll to get past the view that doesn't have a panel. This can be confusing since there isn't anything happening in the app, so please consider this before creating an immersive view without any narrative panel content.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
ShonaFrost
New Contributor

Hi Owen,

Thanks for letting me know that blank narrative panels won't show. I had two on the immersive section that I duplicated and only wanted one on the new one - hence the question.

Thanks again,

Shona

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this same issue. Seems like a clunky design that won't let you delete a panel you've decided you didn't want after all. This is my first day trying out the 'new' story maps. Probably a good idea to go back to the 'classic' one until the bugs are worked out.

0 Kudos
JoannaMerson2
New Contributor III

A couple years later and this no longer holds! When I remove all text from an immersive box in a fly-over, the empty box still zips by. I have to create a new immersive section and remember not to click in the box.

RobertSchiavone
New Contributor

Ok, you can't delete empty areas on your story map and they show up when you view it. For a WYSIWYG Web app, this really is incredibly bad. As in, seriously? This is 2020. WYSIWYG programming has been around for decades. Please contract out this portion if your programmers don't have the technical skills to do this simple task.