I have my shortlist story map ready to share, Using brackets - in the preview mode looks perfect, Now I'm trying to save it using IIS, but it is not working. I only see the spinning image, any suggestions

04-28-2016 02:43 PM
ELIZABETHF_T_
New Contributor III

The code is in my C drive, I edited the index.html according to the instructions.  Now, I need help saving it in the wwwroot directory, I did, nothing is happening. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Elizabeth,

Is the IIS on your own computer so you can test your code using localhost in your web browser, or is it the web server on which you'll be hosting this Shortlist? If it is the latter, the folder into which you copy the Shortlist code on the web server determines the final URL of your Shortlist. Also is your web map shared publicly? From your screenshot, it seems to be working OK.

Rupert

0 Kudos
ELIZABETHF_T_
New Contributor III

Hi Rupert,

in our office we don't have a web server, so is the IIS that I'll be using.  my web map is not shared publicly, only with my organization.So I have all the files in the root directory, and the index.html file is calling my wep map using the webmpaID.  When I'm testing it on my C drive, I have to enter my credentials for ArcGIS Online and then I can see the my shortlist map.  How can I make available to my organization?

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

It should work OK, When you have the story hosted on your ISS server, when someone accesses the Shortlist, they'll be prompted to enter their ArcGIS Online credentials so they can open the app. If they are not members of your organization, it won't let them access the story,

0 Kudos