Layer Search in Map Series - default to All sources?

03-21-2024 09:48 AM
AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

I have a classic Map Series storymap which I'm struggling with the search / locator sources for. 

It doesn't seem to be using the current organisational locators, it has an older list of locators which I can't configure at all, it doesn't match what I see if I open the map in Map Viewer classic (which does show the current organisationally configured locators).

So I've turned off the locator search and added in extra layers to the web maps which I then use as layer search sources, the results were poor so I've had to add 3 separate layers for full address, postcode or street searches.

It's working but ideally I would set it to search ALL layer sources by default, whereas its defaulting to the top layer search option (street) and the user needs to switch to ALL in the search tool to pick up all sources.

Is there a way of setting ALL as the default or updating the list of organisational locators used in the Map Series app?  I assume they're embedded from years ago when the app was created and unless i can rebuild the Map Series app from scratch (can't see a way of doing that) then I think the only option is to work with the layer search.

Guide to Waiting Times (arcgis.com)

Any suggestions of how to recreate the Map Series layout and functionality in Experience Builder, new Story Maps or anywhere else would be appreciated, as this is intended to be migrated to an in support template as soon as I can figure out the best route to take.

0 Kudos
0 Replies