Pop ups in Shortlist (Beta)?

Jump to solution
10-27-2017 10:08 AM
GISAdmin40
New Contributor

Hello, 

The old shortlist beta 1.x would allow you to show pop ups in the main map, and not on the left side panel. Like this: Shortlist 

Can I achieve this using the new version 2.4? Or must I use the old version?

I am self hosting the app, and am using a web map as the source for the story map points. (I will always add to the web map, I won't add points in the story map itself). 

Here is a link to my unfinished story map. http://giswest.mbakercorp.com/shortlist_/index.html 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi, the Story Map Shortlist displays info about places on the left hand panel. So the info about the places in your tabs appears in the tab area too. You can include other supporting layers in your Shortlist's web map, and the popups configured in the web map for those supporting layers do appear in your Shortlist as standard popups. But standard popups are not displayed for the layer(s) in your web map that contain the actual places in your Shortlist.

If you want the info about your places to appear in popups instead, you would need to use the older, original 1.x version of Shortlist, That is still available from Github. See release 1.4.9 here: Releases · Esri/storymap-shortlist · GitHub  . Shortlist 1.x only supports self-hosting but you are doing that already.

Are you sure you want to revert to the older style where the place info is in popups? The new style Shortlist makes it easier to browse the places and also lets your audience see larger pictures.

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi, the Story Map Shortlist displays info about places on the left hand panel. So the info about the places in your tabs appears in the tab area too. You can include other supporting layers in your Shortlist's web map, and the popups configured in the web map for those supporting layers do appear in your Shortlist as standard popups. But standard popups are not displayed for the layer(s) in your web map that contain the actual places in your Shortlist.

If you want the info about your places to appear in popups instead, you would need to use the older, original 1.x version of Shortlist, That is still available from Github. See release 1.4.9 here: Releases · Esri/storymap-shortlist · GitHub  . Shortlist 1.x only supports self-hosting but you are doing that already.

Are you sure you want to revert to the older style where the place info is in popups? The new style Shortlist makes it easier to browse the places and also lets your audience see larger pictures.

Rupert

0 Kudos