Question regarding initial tab in Shortlist

Jump to solution
12-15-2016 11:01 AM
NikolasSchmidt
New Contributor III

I was wondering if there was any way to select which tab is displayed initially in the Shortlist builder. I wanted to access the same application from different links corresponding with the different tabs in the app, while still letting the user change which tab is displayed after the initial one. Is it possible to do this with the builder, or is it always the case that when linked to the application opens whichever tab is ordered as the first tab?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Nikolas

Thanks for the note. The first tab in the Shortlist is always shown first and there's currently no way to override that via a URL parameter (like you can with Story Map Series: How to launch a Story Map Series at a specific entry | ArcGIS Blog). It's an enhancement we could make to the Shortlist and we have it in our list of possible enhancements. A similar enhancement for Shortlist would be the ability for end users to share a specific place that they find in a Shortlist, similar the option we provide in Story Map Tour. So for example someone could find an interesting place in a Shortlist and then tweet a link that opens the Shortlist to display that specific place.

Rupert

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Nikolas

Thanks for the note. The first tab in the Shortlist is always shown first and there's currently no way to override that via a URL parameter (like you can with Story Map Series: How to launch a Story Map Series at a specific entry | ArcGIS Blog). It's an enhancement we could make to the Shortlist and we have it in our list of possible enhancements. A similar enhancement for Shortlist would be the ability for end users to share a specific place that they find in a Shortlist, similar the option we provide in Story Map Tour. So for example someone could find an interesting place in a Shortlist and then tweet a link that opens the Shortlist to display that specific place.

Rupert

JenniLang
New Contributor III

Hi Rupert,

Is it possible to vote for these enhancements. We have a parks and playgrounds app using the shortlist template and I have had many requests to be able to link to a specific park or playground. Count this as my vote for the enhancement.

Thanks

Jenni

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jenni

Yes, feel free to post this as an idea in the ArcGIS Ideas part of Geonet: https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas 

(I don't see this as an existing idea already in there).

This enables other folks on Geonet to vote for the idea too. We also track these as part of our development process and value these ideas and votes highly.

Rupert

0 Kudos